Finedon Local History Society.
Finedon is a civil parish and village in the Borough of Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. With a population at the 2001 census of 4,188 people. In 1086 when the Domesday Book was completed, Finedon was a large royal manor, previously held by Queen Edith. At this time, the village was known as Tingdene. This originates from the Old English words þing meaning assembly or meeting, and Denu meaning valley or vale. Tingdene and the later version, Thingdon, were used until the early nineteenth century, when finally Finedon became the commonly accepted version. The importance of Finedon, at the time of the Domesday Book is clear. With a population of 102, it was one of only four towns listed with a population greater than 50 in Northamptonshire.
The Society run two themed exhibitions each year.
Open Saturdays and Sundays from 2 – 4 pm.